Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#190198 07/06/2007 10:57 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 52
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 52
Not sure which forum to post this in. Will 7.2 have the ability to use the old style search (instead of the built-in MySQL functionality that bring huge boards to a crawl?) If not 7.2, when is this planned.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Yeh i believe it will, it should be listed in the change log.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #190267 07/06/2007 8:51 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I don't believe this is in 7.2; at least I haven't seen it yet wink... I'm not sure when it's slated to be added but I have several clients awaiting it as well.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #191599 07/17/2007 8:32 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 52
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 52
Apparently it isn't in 7.2.

Rick, can you send me an updated estimate on this. We are going to have to move to a competitors offering in the absence of this change in the very near future.

Chuck

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
This should make it into 7.3. Now that we have all the external stuff (active topics and showing all users posts) using their own script instead of the search engine it will be much easier to put in an option to use either search method.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)