Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
I was wondering if anyone has ever used the rss display boxes found at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/rssdisplaybox/index.htm

I've been trying to get my feeds from my ubb forums to show up and for the life of me I can't figure out why nothing shows up. When the page loads I get a quick message saying its initiating the rss display box but nothing shows up.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I just use LastRSS on my homepage and drop it into a table to get the desired effect; I prefer this over other solutions as it caches data for a set period (so I don't end up pounding various sites rss feeds looking for new data).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
Thanks for getting back to me. It seems like I have the script working when I use the example feeds. When I plug in the feed from my ubb threads it doesn't generate anything. The feed should be:

http://www.louisianaoutdoors.com/forums/cache/rss17.xml

Can you test it out to see if you are getting anything? Thanks.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
I'm no expert on rss feeds but when I plug the url of the feed into my browser I get a page not found error. I have the feed enabled. Am I doing something wrong or is there something else going on? Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Posted this on your other thread.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)