Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#190529 07/09/2007 6:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
I've set up a feed on my site yet nothing shows up when I use it. I even get a blank screen when I enter the url into my browser's window. The url is:

http://www.louisianaoutdoors.com/forums/cache/rss17.xml

Please let me know what's wrong.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The feed doesn't exist; make sure the feed is enabled and that the cache folder is chmodded 777.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
edited...see posted below

Last edited by tonto69; 07/09/2007 9:17 PM.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
member
member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
Great it's working! I 777 the cache folder in my rss box script. However I also did the same in my ubb threads cache folder. Please let me know if I should switch back the ubb cache folder to what is was before ( I don't remember what...please remind me)


I thought I had changed the cache folder to 777 on my rssbox script earlier but I tried reinstalling several times and must have forgotten the last time.

Come to think of it though I guess you meant the cache folder in my forums since it wasn't working before in my browser.

Thank you for the help.

Last edited by tonto69; 07/09/2007 9:20 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, as the feed is created by the UBB and the cache file dind't exist, the problem lies (rather lied) with the ubb cache folder.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)