|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2 |
Help, Please!
I am using UBB.threads 7.02 and someone using "Anonymous Ungregistered" is posting hordes of SPAM postings (porn links) within my site.
How do I stop them! I have blocked IPs but there are too many (each post is a different IP). I have deleted suspect users and "Anonymous" has always been blocked from the beginning. Also, I require registration to post. But they seem to get in anyway.
Thank you for your help. All was good until last month when they found a way in.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Your rhetoric forum allows for anonymous postings. The first thing I'd do is change that so it requires people to register before they can post in there.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2 |
Thank you! I had missed that setting! You're support is fabulous! Great eye, catching that detail.
Last edited by BQ1; 07/13/2007 12:35 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Thank you! I had missed that setting! You're support is fabulous! Great eye, catching that detail. Now theres honest feedback/criticizm 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057 |
Family ? 2 post and they know him already  lol
BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1 People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
|
|
|
|
2 members (SteveS, vscope),
455
guests, and
117
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|