Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#193594 08/01/2007 9:27 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 70
H
journeyman
journeyman
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 70
In the New Images tab under "Images & Icons" in the Control Panel there is a News icon. The text above says that I can assign images here to a forum. I'd like to use this icon but I just can't seem to find any place that would allow me.

I've looked under Forum Setting but I get a seperate set of icons or images, but not this News icon.

Would anyone please help me with this, either explain what the News images are for or how I can use this particular News icon. Thanks.

harry #193595 08/01/2007 9:32 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Thi should appear in the "new post" page while in a forum that is set as a "news" forum for the portal


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #193596 08/01/2007 9:59 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 70
H
journeyman
journeyman
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 70
OK, I get it. It's for exclusive use in the Portal. So if I'm not using the portal, then I don't get to use this, right?

harry #193622 08/01/2007 8:28 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Correct, you'll only ever SEE the option for a forum which populates the portal; and you'll only see the images on the portal.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)