Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#195009 08/23/2007 4:18 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
I started a poll on the 15th and put an end date of the 22nd. Today is the 23rd and you can still vote and it is not displaying the results. How can I stop the poll?

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
weird.. the POLL_STOP_TIME should be honored.. i assume 7.2.1 or 7.2.2 ?

i also notice that we have more than 1 index key on POLL_ID in the ubbt_POLL_VOTES table..

not a normal practice, but shouldn't be a show stopper..


SD #195014 08/23/2007 4:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Sorry, yes, 7.2.1

I would also like the ability to edit a poll (is this possible and I've missed something?). I could create a poll then notice a mistake and there's no way of correcting it unless you start again.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yah, i've had that request before too.. it's a kind of philosphy thingie.. where if you edit a poll, you could skew the results..

would be nice to have that option, if admin decided so for their board though.

SD #195017 08/23/2007 4:45 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Do you have a link to the poll in question? Just tested this on my test board, and it ended as expected.

Rick #195020 08/23/2007 4:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Looks like you did not set a stop time... If you set it, it displays differently:

Votes accepted starting: (23/08/2007 22:57) until (30/08/2007 22:57).

I think ubb should disable the "You cannot view the results until the poll is over" when you have not set a stoptime or do some warning about it.

As for this poll on your hboard, I think diving into the database and setting a stoptime (just copy the starttime will do the trick for this poll) manually would do the trick.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #195024 08/23/2007 5:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
^^ What he said. However, if you don't enter a stop date, you can't check the "cannot view results until poll is over" box. I just tried, and this is the error that pops up:

If you wish to prevent users from viewing the results of the poll before it has ended, you must choose an ending date for this poll.

Rick #195025 08/23/2007 5:40 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Thanks. I must have entered the info incorrectly as I've just created a test poll and the end date is now displayed. I'll let it run for a day to make sure it does end.

Yarp #195027 08/23/2007 5:47 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
As for this poll on your hboard, I think diving into the database and setting a stoptime (just copy the starttime will do the trick for this poll) manually would do the trick.

I've just done what you suggested and the poll has now stopped.

Thanks for the tip. wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)