Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#195004 08/23/2007 3:16 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
I am a new user and having a lot of difficulty getting past this step. I keep getting the error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ubbthreads\install\install.php on line 505

I am using PHP version 5.2.3 which appears to support mysql. I have verified php.ini settings as well as downloaded and tried the mysql dlls from the dev.mysql site. I am using mysql version 5.0.45. Do I need to setup a database in advance. If so, is there a document that tells me the steps to do this? If not, what database and credentials do I use?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yes, you need to install mysql and not just the extensions (dlls)

there is a binary install package for windows available that will handle that part for you smile

now, it looks like you have mysql.. then the next part is to PRE create a database..

call it oh.. ubbthreads ? then ensure that you create one user that has privs.. and poof..

you fill in that db, with user name and psw.. also you use localhost ast the database host..

Last edited by Sirdude; 08/23/2007 3:44 PM.
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Is this an install for Production published site on the Internet or test, setup for your local workstation?

If it's for a local workstation installation you might just want to install WAMP (search google for the download) and it will automatically install all the required software to get you up and running for testing, playing with it.

If it's for the Internet on a running Server 2003 VPS or Dedicated then you need to setup IIS6, MySQL, and PHP and pay attention to security.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
I finally got this to work by using the CGI binary rather than the ISAPI module.

Thanks

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by riprock63
I finally got this to work by using the CGI binary rather than the ISAPI module.

Thanks

You really shouldn't use that on IIS6 as it is a security issue.

Go over to http://phpbuilder.com/board/ and read some of their FAQ on getting it running.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)