Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1

Quote
It appears you don't have GD2 or ImageMagick6 installed. You cannot use the gallery features without one of these being installed on your system

ImageMagick6 is installed and operational at the command prompt.

How is UBB detecting it (in this case not detecting it)

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
You need to fill in the paths to the convert and mogrify executables in the Db, Paths & Urls section of the control panel.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
doh! makes sense. I'd been in there a hundred times before, but this is a new feature so of course the CP has been updated.

:crawls away:

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
hehe.. one thing that would be nice in the cpanel is to have a little ajax / button that would 'test gd2', 'test imagemagick'

and the resulting images would show to give feedback as to their viability..

rather than flying sorta blind..

2c

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Quote
You may not toggle the gallery status of a forum that has already been created.

Now THAT sucks, but I suppose I can see why. Guess I'll create a sub-forum.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by ntdoc
Now THAT sucks, but I suppose I can see why. Guess I'll create a sub-forum.
i dislike it too frown


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Rick
You need to fill in the paths to the convert and mogrify executables in the Db, Paths & Urls section of the control panel.

Okay Rick, is this a literal path as in:
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.3.5-Q16

or a short path name?
C:\PROGRA~1\IMAGEM~1.5-Q

or ???

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
It should be the full path including the convert.exe and mogrify.exe files. Not sure if you can/need to shorten the whole ImageMagick-6.35.really.long.string portion.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Either should work, so long as it can be read by the webserver properly; you may have to do something like:
c:/Program%20Files/ImageMagick-6.3.5-Q16/

or

c:\\Program%20Files\\ImageMagick-6.3.5-Q16\\


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
giz, you forgot ..

or

"us Linux instead" laugh

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Okay after some research into the ImageMagick6 for use on the Windows Platform (Server 2003 / IIS6 or Apache)

The DLL method of using ImageMagick6 no longer works with any version of PHP past 5.04 (so may work still for some that are on the older versions - I'm not one of them nor care to be)

One of the main developers a guy by the name of Watson appears to be indisposed at the moment and has been for many months now.
The group appears to still work on the project but as of the last posting discussions on this no one has fixed the DLL support for PHP past 5.04

http://redux.imagemagick.org/discussion-server/index.php

Regardless, UBBT 7.2 does not support using the DLL method either as the code is expecting to use the executables.

If ever the ImageMagick6 does get updated to support PHP new versions then UBBT would also need to update / modify their code to support a more secure method of DLL usage.

That said using the executables requires that the %windir%\system32\cmd.exe be given rights to execute the calls to the other ImageMagick6 executables as well.
This is not a desired secure method, but don't forget that Linux is doing it as well on Apache. As long as your site is not overcome by some type of buffer overflow then it will be somewhat secure - it just is NOT a preferred method of implementation.

So given the proper rights to execute then ImageMagic6 should work just fine on Window Server 2003 with IIS6

If I get time I will write up an FAQ for setting this up.

I still need to review and give minimal permissions to everything and then document it so it could be a bit before I complete an FAQ.


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Not really applicable when defining paths SD; since he'd still have to define them in *nix wink...

NT, I'm curious if a NetBPM script would work vs GD or IM (which was my third recommendation of image binaries). You should give the GD method a shot though if at all possible.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
lol giz. you took me seriously ? i put a smiley in there just to let you know i was kidding...


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Hence why I winked! :snicker:


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
dude, it's hard to tell with you cus there's usually a :snicker:, flex(tm) or ";)..." <-- (hrm... could be anything there)

on most of your posts tongue

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
<snicker> wink :flex:™

Look, a snicker fish: <snicker><

:falls over:

Last edited by Gizmo; 08/28/2007 8:03 AM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)