Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#198296 09/27/2007 2:13 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 30
A
art
Offline
newbie
newbie
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 30
Hi, I'm a relative newb to this so it may be a dumb question, when setting up the mysql db to connect to, on my test server I have a size quota associated with the db, how big can I expect one mysql db to get,based on # of posts/images, etc. This is a 4-500 user bbs right now. (we are tight on disk space at the moment so I have to be a bit cautious about what I add or install.)

art #198297 09/27/2007 2:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
What I've seen so far, is it's roughly 100-120 megs of storage space per 100k posts. Actual numbers will vary, but that's a rough estimate.

Rick #198318 09/27/2007 8:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It can and will vary, your host likely has a limit ~100mb as thats wht I've seen average on this type of limiting. If it's anything below say 500mb-1gb I'd think about relocating, but that's just me wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)