Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#200028 10/27/2007 2:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
Would it be possible for users to pre-set their font colour and font face in their profile at some point in the future?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Of the forum display or of the posts they make?

Rick #200047 10/27/2007 10:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
noooooooooooooooo, then pink jazz will default to pink!! :sad:







joke laugh

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
On the posts they make.

Just pre-filling the text area with their chosen tags, which they then have to type inbetween would make most of them happy. If it could be done so that they don't actually see their default choice in the text area and it gets added after they submit their post would be even better, but I guess that would take more work.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Myself, I'm in a completely differant boat here... I'd be happy with an admin tick for:
"Do not allow users to use colors" ([color])
"Do not allow users to use fonts" ([font])
"Do not allow users to use font size" ([[size]])
"Do not allow users to use formatting code" ([b], [i], [u], [s]) (seperate from the others, as these actually have a place)

Why you ask? I like conformity, i like my designs, I don't like pink on my dark blue... I don't like size 26pt stressing users spam on my generally size 8pt-10pt design... and lastly, i specify the fonts i want my site displayed in for a reason... lol

Now I merely specify the formatting line for s&g's, I figure since I'm requesting the world, someone else will suggest the last one...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Yep - I have to agree 100% with Gizmo on this.
I suppose everyone's different - but all those different styles would not work on my forum.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Good suggestions there Gizmo, i agree with driv wink
And i got +15 in doing so lol


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Aren't you going for the <15 chars 'trophy' this month Mark?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
No i wish to be informative and helpful with the answers
i give leaving no stones unturned lol

And that can take more than 15 characters lol
I got 3rd or second when i didn't know it exists frown


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)