Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
When I shut down my browser (or shut off my computer) I've noticed that this forum will always remember me when I return. I do not have to log in. My forum however forces me to log in each time I return. Is there some kind of security setting that I am missing in the control panel that will allow users return and be recognized without having to log back in?

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Generally, when you log in - there is a box (under username & password) that asks you to check a box entitled "Remember me on each visit".

Is this what you mean?

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 99
No. Not that. I've actually selected that on both forums. What that box does (at least for me) is if I close out the window, open a new browser window, and navigate to my site it says "you are not logged in" in the upper right corner. I click "log in" and rather than take me to the screen showing me my prefilled name and password, it logs me right in and brings me to index. If I do precisely the same with with this site (close out of browser window, open, navigate to ubbcentral.com/forums) I am stilled logged in. I don't need to do anything in order to post, etc.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 399 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)