Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#201166 11/12/2007 12:14 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
Installing 7.2.2, and I've followed the chmod instructions. But, I'm getting 'FAILED' errors for:

sessions/
templates/compile/

These are both set at 0777. I've changed them both to 0775 and then back to 0777, but I still get the same FAILED message for these 2 directories. All the other are fine.

Any ideas?


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Is all content IN them chmodded 666?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
Thanks Gizmo. I didn't expect to have to change the files in those directories, as they are only HTML files (not PHP), but that did it.

Rick (or someone) might want to add that to the install doc. It lists certain directories and says to change all files in those directories to 0666, but these 2 directories aren't in that list.

Thanks again!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Once you get to doing several upgrades/installs it becomes second nature so I think it may have gotten overlooked.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)