Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Okay, we have a list with IP's. And it's been there since 7,5 years, growing slow, I don't have a clue on what's what, it would be really nice if we could add a comment to the lines.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Have you tried:

123.4.56.789 # bad bot

This works in my .htaccess file but I haven't tried it in the ban list.

Code
order allow,deny
deny from 64.92.199	#thenewpush
allow from all

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Keeping the info together works for me, but a dont block any IP's


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
member
member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
That would be nice to have. Another feature that I would like to see is the ability to add a subnet in CIDR notation, ie;

172.168.1/28 or whatever.

As I understand it now, you would have to list each IP in a subnet individually, with the exception of a class C address which you could then do the wildcard % bit.


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You can use % with more than a class C:
xxx.xxx.xxx.%
xxx.xxx.%
xxx.%


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
member
member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by Gizmo
You can use % with more than a class C:
xxx.xxx.xxx.%
xxx.xxx.%
xxx.%

Well yes, but I don't think many admins will be banning entire class B and A netblocks.

I guess my point was having a shorthand method to ban class-c subnets.


Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
using underscore allows you to wildcard a single character place

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
member
member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by Sirdude
using underscore allows you to wildcard a single character place

I'm not following... do you mean "192.168.1.16_" and that would match .160 --> .169 ?

I guess that would cut down on some of the entries, but say you had a /28 subnet you wanted to block.

If you could just enter 64.119.5.176/28 instead of:

64.119.5.177
64.119.5.178
64.119.5.179
64.119.5.18_
64.119.5.190

That would, to me, make much more sense. Plus you know the IP's should be treated as a group, not single entries.

If CIDR notation is an issue, then maybe:

64.119.5.176 255.255.255.240


Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yes.. _ will match 0 thru 9 for that character position.. that's as good as it gets for now wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)