Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#205476 01/23/2008 5:30 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian
Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Hi,

The post icons at the foot of each post do not have alt tag - but more importantly it would be better if the Notify Post was more obvious.

Maybe just adding an alt tag would help - but I rarely get users actually notifying spam posts.

They are happy to post in the thread saying spam - but do not often report the posts.

Maybe it needs a warning symbol next to the 'Top' link on each post.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
I reported this post as spam for you. wink


I wonder, Ian, if changing the wordlet to "spam/inappropriate" would make get that button used more?


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
Some of us like our inboxes clear tongue

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
;P agreed lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian
Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Disagree - I would rather know about posts that are spam and not allow the posts to go undetected on a forum.

The problem on a forum with 1000 posts a day the spam soon gets pushed down the line and forgotten about - meanwhile the spammer is still registered can repost, and of course his posts are picked up by search engines.

If we had a more obvious button, users might report the post and it can be dealt with.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
I agree a simple Alt Tag to change its color make
it stand out would help.

What dosnt help is that only 1 person can report that post.
And 2 you have to be at your e-mail desk to know about it.



BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)