Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
I found some topics on this but and two solutions, including one involving the .htaccess file on the server. While I am trying that one now I did not find any posts stating if this is a bug or not, and if it will be improved in later versions... maybe someone knows more about that?

My domain skips www directly, so all urls and the links are without www (escept if users do the full path to the sub folder and ubbthreads.php file). A few users have startet to report that when they logged and would like to edit their post or do a quick reply to a post, they are suddenly logged out when submitting. I have of course asked them to delete and do new cookies. The last user reporting this said he was usig Opera 9.25, steg 8827, no that I believe its related to that as per other reports. Bord is 7.22 fresh install with converted database.

Any ideas on this, is it maybe improved/fixed for the upcomming 7.3 version already? Is the only possible solution the htaccess and the one mod mentioned in some post?

Organizer

Last edited by Organizer21; 01/24/2008 4:09 PM.
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Hi,

Is this happening for all users?

Do you have a link to your forums? (not in your profile or post frown )

Does your sessions directory have 777 permissions?

O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
Thanks for the reply....

* It only happens to a few, some say they rarely gets it other more frequently.
* Forum is at www.games.no - not been able to reproduce the error myself so god knows
* The sessions directory is set to 777 yes...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You say your domain does NOT use www, but you link to a WWW version... I think this is your issue...

www.yoursite.tld and yoursite.tld are two totally diffeant subdomains; (one as a subdomain, one as no subdomain); this creates cross-cookie login issues when users try to use one and are redirected to the other by your "full url" setting in the UBB.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
I acctually just changed all to force www yesterday in an effort to solve the issues some users are experiencing... wink I'll update if that solved it for now or not soon...

O
stranger
stranger
O Offline
So the few that complained seems to have benefitted from the change yesterday and it now works for them as far as feedback goes at the moment... so thats good news at least smile

Thanks for all replies!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 692 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29