Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
I'm using UBB 7.2.2 and when i try to move topics from one forum to another, all the process show that it's processing, then it finishes normally (no error messages).
But when I go to that forum that I moved, all posts still there.
Then, on the forum that I intend to put the posts, they are there, but I cannot open any messages.
Receiving this:
---
There was a problem looking up this post in our database.

Please click back to return to the previous page.
---
Then, to make things worst, every time I try to move, it moves again, so now on the destination forum, I have 3 topics from the Source forum, and I cannot open any one.
Is there any way to clean that? (not manual... we are talking about 200 topics x 3 = 600 that need to be deleted from the Destination forum)

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Go to your

Control Panel -> Database Tools -> SQL Commands tab and try each of the following commands:

REPAIR TABLE ubbt_FORUMS

REPAIR TABLE ubbt_TOPICS

REPAIR TABLE ubbt_POSTS

The last one will probably take a while since it's probably the largest table. Re-check your trouble-some topics then.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
Go to your

Control Panel -> Database Tools -> SQL Commands tab and try each of the following commands:

REPAIR TABLE ubbt_FORUMS

REPAIR TABLE ubbt_TOPICS

REPAIR TABLE ubbt_POSTS

The last one will probably take a while since it's probably the largest table. Re-check your trouble-some topics then.

Done it... (with the right table pre-fix), but still the same.

If I try to move posts from topic A to topic B, the post remains in topic A, and a new subject is created in topic B, but if you click on B, there is no posts....

any other ideas?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
hmm... sounds like a bug, but I haven't seen that one reported. I know 7.3 has some rebuild posts-type maintenance scripts, but not 7.2.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
I can wait for 7.3 then... How soon can we have that smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
7.3Beta4 is in the members area as we type wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)