Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#202981 12/10/2007 7:54 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
In UBB.C we had the ability to lock profiles, so their owners cannot change items on their account.

This can be useful if someone posts certain info in their profile and one would like to have it locked for administrative approval.

Another item that would be interesting would be the ability to set it so a specific user was banned from say utilizing avitars.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #203004 12/11/2007 5:04 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
not too sure if I would ever see a reason why I would use this.

Ian #203011 12/11/2007 7:59 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
The beauty with that option was 2 fold.
1 stop them mouthing off in there signature about ADMIN and staff
and also to prevent them using private messages.

I do miss this feature alot.

Maybe just a admin e-mail saying X has updated there profile
with the following. But not essential.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #203018 12/11/2007 10:21 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
We used to do this if users messed with avatars. But simply said, if they behave bad, I don't really care where they misbehave, they get kicked out entirely.

So posts, pm's, profile, ddos-attacks, smacking me in the face or a bomb in my car, if they misbehave, ultimately they have to play somewhere else. I don't like just taking one part away.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Gizmo #204459 01/09/2008 2:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Gizmo
In UBB.C we had the ability to lock profiles, so their owners cannot change items on their account.

This can be useful if someone posts certain info in their profile and one would like to have it locked for administrative approval.

Another item that would be interesting would be the ability to set it so a specific user was banned from say utilizing avitars.

/bump this for more exposure.

It would be great to be able to lock profiles, and have the ability to keep individual users from displaying avatars and sigs when needed.


-Tim
Cuervo #204461 01/09/2008 3:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
it is possible to restrict users from displaying avarts and signatures in 7.3 - or should I say groups from doing so - therefore you would add such users to that group.

Ian #204469 01/09/2008 7:25 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 210
Likes: 2
Very nice. Group name *blantly Thief* /hi5 Gizmo


-Tim
Cuervo #204569 01/11/2008 6:51 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
I do remember using this many times in the Classic days.


Stilgar
Are you ready for v8?
"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is occasionally a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants operation. That is the designed behavior." - CC
Stilgar #207844 03/04/2008 6:49 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 45
M
newbie
newbie
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 45
This is a feature that we used with UBB Classic. We operate a rather controversial site and some troublemakers try to use their profiles to cause trouble. Locking their profile is a small step we can take that is well short of banning them outright. I would really like to see this feature added to the threads version.

MichaelM #207856 03/05/2008 4:00 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
Gizmo is bored laugh


Happy Customer !!!
Mors #207862 03/05/2008 7:22 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Mors
Gizmo is bored laugh
You know it...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)