Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
It all went very well until I started importing with the classic_import.php
All the paths are perfect because I copied them right out of the UBB control panel, but I get a message Checking... You entered the wrong path to the members directory

I've used the UBB Classic for almost 8 years now and every time I upgrade or set it up on another server it is seamlessly easy and straight forward. Until now.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help guys.
Harry

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
Sorry .... I see a similar problem posted below. I'll follow the imformation there first.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
OK .... I'm still screwed!
I have both UBB Classic and Threads on the same server with all paths for both shown as correct when setting up. But when I try to import I get an error message: [Checking... You entered the wrong path to the members directory]




Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
It's been a while, are you using a trailing slash mark?


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Plus, you might check the permissions for the Members folder, maybe it's too low and can't be read.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)