Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#209671 04/02/2008 1:06 AM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
stranger
stranger
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
I've seen on other boards the ability to have an island that has stats that are on a daily basis, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how they did it. I've been trying to look around to see if anyone had already posted something about it, but can't find anything. Anyone have any idea how to help me?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I haven't seen it done yet - did you see it on a .threads forum?


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Is it the Top 30 day posters?

If so its not part of the core package.
Its a "Hack" over at ubbdev

But we may loose it with the changes coming in 7.3
It does need a reworks.

My members love it if its the same one.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
stranger
stranger
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
I have no idea what kind of forum it was on.

Mostly I'm looking for something that can show our posts per day. Other daily stats would be cool too. Just something to show us how we're doing each day.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Basicly, anything is possible. The information is available in the database, so with the right queries, any "statistic fact" can be shown.

The island would not be anything more then some queries that fetch the data, and some text around it that displays that data.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Mark S
Is it the Top 30 day posters?

If so its not part of the core package.
Its a "Hack" over at ubbdev

But we may loose it with the changes coming in 7.3
It does need a reworks.

My members love it if its the same one.


indeed it doesn't work with 7.3 - and despite my best efforts, I can't update it for the original author frown

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

I'd LOVE to see some type of integration with, say, AwStats, so in a content island we can display more elaborate stats... cool


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
There was also a hack there I believe that would give you the number of posts over the past 24 hours. I used to use it on my site but I think lost it during one of my upgrades between 7.x versions.

I think it showed up in the Forum Stats box.

Last edited by Carte Blanche; 05/30/2008 8:41 AM.
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i updated the daily post count island dealio over @ ubbdev for 73

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 62
Also, the Top Posters over X days has been updated, and I've added in a mod for Forum Stats that does a daily average of posts over X days.

My site is currently displaying all 3 (daily post count, daily average post count over 30 days, and top posters over 30 days) here


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)