Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
What would be the best way to get an off-site RSS feed to display in a custom island? I'm not sure if PHP include would work, because I'm not sure how to create a Dump file which would update periodically with the newest RSS entries.

So, I guess it's a two-part question:

1. How do I dump an RSS feed to a file which periodically updates, and

2. Is php include the best way to display the content in the Island?

Thanks!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
BRILLIANT! Thanks man.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
no worries - ubbdev is always a good place for items such as this smile

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
Okay, it's the damndest thing - both codes in that thread work great, except, I'm trying to use it in multiple islands with a different feed URL in each, and each Island displays duplicate information.... Any ideas? I posted at UBBDev, but thought I'd ask here, just in case.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
UBBDev is the best place to ask on existing mods - I am sure the mod author will respond shortly smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I took a look & made a suggestion - not sure if it will work, but it is worth a try smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)