Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#211644 05/09/2008 10:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
OK I am pulling my hair out here trying to get this to work. Can someone please help me.

In styles, what does .inline_selected do?
It seems to work in preview and do what I want it to do, ie. change color when mouse is over that thread name (right?), but online on my test forum that just isn't happening. Why? Do I have to "turn it on" somewhere, or can someone just tell me how I get this thing going.

This one small thing is driving me nuts.

Thank you.

willing #211646 05/09/2008 11:04 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
no.. that class is used for 2 places:

if you are admin or a mod of a specific forum, you can select threads to moderate.. when you do, that thread will have the .inline_selected class applied.. ie: it highlights it ..

same idea goes for when you are viewing your Private messages..

-- if you are looking to style the mouseover preview dealio -- that is in Misc properties.. tooltip header and content smile

SD #211651 05/10/2008 12:29 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
No, what I want is what Ian has on his forums.


http://www.fansfocus.com/

http://www.fansfocus.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/1/1/Site_News.html

When I put my mouse over a thread title, the whole "cell" that that thread title is in turns a different shade.

That's all, but no-one seems able to tell me how to do it.

Thanks

willing #211652 05/10/2008 12:31 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
As I've said countless times, this isn't in the stock product; it's a tweak to the css files that I've applied for him when he contracted me for styling.

Several of my free themes that I've released have this in them, just look at their "Extra CSS" directive in the style editor when editing one of them (note that not all of them have it)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #211655 05/10/2008 1:31 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
you'd just have to add the extra styling to the Extra Css section and *poof* done..

your original post wasn't that clear wink

try this as a start, then i think you'll get the idea

Code
.forumtitle:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.posttime:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.topictime:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.alt-topictime:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.new-topictime:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.new-alt-topictime:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.topicsubject:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.new-topicsubject:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.alt-topicsubject:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}
.new-alt-topicsubject:hover {
background:#F4F7F4 none repeat scroll 0%;
}

keep in mind that if you have a hover tooltip enabled, it's gonna give you a siezure :hihi:

but you can see how it works, but just trying to add those to your extra css..

note, i chose a light color and you might like a different one.. sooo just play with #F4F7F4 to see what you would settle with smile

SD #211658 05/10/2008 2:09 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
OK thank you.

I'll try that on Monday when I'm back "working".

"keep in mind that if you have a hover tooltip enabled, it's gonna give you a siezure :hihi:"

Does that mean they can't be used together?

Thanks

willing #211659 05/10/2008 2:15 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
no, you can, but you might not want to..

that's why i added the individual user ability (extra_field_1) to decide if they want it or not..

try it and then you decide for yourself :3c:

SD #211669 05/10/2008 2:43 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
Thanks, sorry can you explain this a bit more

"that's why i added the individual user ability (extra_field_1) to decide if they want it or not.."

I just put that code in actually and it seemed to work... any way to get it on the main Forums page as well (ie. the list of the forums)

Thanks


willing #211950 05/12/2008 11:50 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
OK I have got this working ok now.

1 more related perhaps question.

Is there any way to have it so that if a post is a "Global Announcement" (or perhaps even just sticky) then it also has a different cell background shade so that it sticks out more?

Thanks

willing #211957 05/13/2008 12:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yah, you would have to modify two things:

1) the postlist.tpl would have logic to add to the class based upon {if $postrow[topic].announce} kinda dealio. so you'd append an extra class to things like: class="{$postrow[topic].color}newintopic" and make it class="{$postrow[topic].color}newintopic announcey"

do that for each of the td's in the row basically

2) then add the class in your extra css like .announcey {background: hotpink;}

*poof* done smile

SD #211976 05/13/2008 3:59 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
It would be nice to have this feature - in fact I prefer the slightly separated and perhaps with a different background.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 466 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)