Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#212970 05/20/2008 7:03 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Can anyone tell me how to go about a re-install of 7.3 as I used the upgrade and everything seemed to be ok but I have lost the ability for members to download files.

I am thinking if I redo the instal it might correct the issue I have as nothing seems to work.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Do they have permission under the forum settings within the CP?

Ian #213061 05/20/2008 9:54 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Ian I have been posting here for days and yes the permissions are set.

Without a manual it is hard work out what is going on. So I thought it would be easier rather than stuffing around to reinstall.

I am using Paypal for subscriptions and the members are not happy because they are unable to download.

Do you think I would be better to get a support ticket?

Last edited by Outdoorking; 05/20/2008 10:58 PM.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Its not that difficult to do, but ive forgot?
I know you will have to edit a file or two as it will
look for version numbers I think.

Need someone who's do it really to reply.

Outdoorking.
I would pretty much be thinking the same thing,
re-install, makes sense to me wink

I when i upgrade plan to make it a clean slate no hacks etc..

Hopefully Rick will pick up on this and post a quick guide.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #213164 05/21/2008 12:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
At this point it's probably better to open a support ticket so we can login and see exactly what's going on.

Rick #213216 05/22/2008 5:08 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Thanks Rick,

I have opened a support ticket and hopefully they can see what I or the host has done to cause the problem that I am having at this time.

Thank you for your advise as it is greatly appreciated.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)