Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
G
member
member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
For some reason the importer seems to have skipped all attachments.

Looking at the code it seems to be a real problem fixing this afterwards as well. Since the temporary tables are removed.

Each post seems to get a new post id during the import, and the only place the connection between this new id and the file items was in the filetemp table.

Am I totally screwed here? I guess I could write a script which compares data between post tables and tries to find the new id of the post. But it seems like a bit of work.


aka Olle Johansson
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Is this the classic importer, the threads importer; or the UBB7 upgrade script?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
G
member
member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
Bugger me, I forgot to mention it. Sorry about that.

It was an upgrade from UBB.threads 6.1.1 originally (then import from v6.5.5).

The data seems fine in the v6.5.5 tables.


aka Olle Johansson
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
G
member
member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
Ah! There's an ubbt_IMPORT_MAP table. Seems to contain the data I need. I realized it when I wondered how redirects from old UBB.threads post links were done.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix now.

Although, if someone has a script ready, that would of course be much better.

Last edited by Gardener; 05/28/2008 9:54 AM.

aka Olle Johansson

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)