Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
H
newbie
newbie
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
I searched and searched but couldn't find what I need, so I'm asking something I'm certain has come up in the past:

I want to use the rss feed from a forum to display 1 to 3 recent posts on another website, with formatting intact (no UBBCODE showing). Can someone please either explain it to me in words of one syllable, or point me at a thread where it's all laid out step by step?

Would ever so much appreciate it. Thanks!

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

Alas, the use of feeds externally (on a different server) seems to have been lost since Classic. At least as far as I can figure out, because while we used to be able to use URLs for feeds (they were JavaScript includes), now they need to be absolute paths -- which only work on the same server. frown

...but if there's a workaround, I'd LOVE to hear about it! Requested it a few times... wink


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
perty easy to do..

example (real quick) -- i used google feed reader and shared it so you could see that a feed aggregator can grab (public) feeds from ubbthreads

Linky Poo

if i had to do it for my external site, i'd prolly just grab a php feed aggregator and spruce it up to look perty with the rss xml data..


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)