Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
I am having the weirdest problem. I am using Apache2 on Mac OS X. I got the latest version of UBB.Classic installed (I am upgrading an older version for a client, with the intent to then upgrade them to Threads). When I try to run the initial configuration process, I will (for example) submit the vars directory, and it takes me to the "you just set the variables directory" page. However, if I hit the link on that page, it then takes me BACK to the "enter the variables directory" page, even though the value of action is CLEARLY set to "cgi".

The perplexing thing is, if I restart Apache before I click the link, it then correctly takes me to the next step. It seems obvious something is getting cached somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is. Obviously I can use the "restart Apache" strategy when I run the upgrade on their production machine, but that seems a bit dodgy.

If anyone has any idea as to why this is occurring, I would be thrilled to hear it.

Thanks!

Tim Keating

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Hi Tim, I believe that's an old common-ish problem - make sure all vars_*.cgi files are set to 777 permissions.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)