Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#214970 06/27/2008 7:49 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
I looked in the FAQ but I don't see a way to indent text. Does UBBT support that type of tag?

vB has an [indent] tag that works like a TAB key would in a Word Processor. Think that would be nice. If it already supports it can someone let me know what the tag is please, if not then I'd like to suggest it be added.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
make your own custom indent tag.. essentially a div with left-margin: xxpx; in the inline css;

that would even allow you to nest them.. kinda like quotes do wink

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well I meant for universal use on ALL UBBT sites that one might visit.

Like here as an example.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
well all ubbt sites have the custom tag capability, so they can do it wink

whether they do it here is up to rick..

do you want me to export an example tag to use?

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
No thanks. I think maybe you're missing the idea or request.

If it is not native code then every board I go to that uses UBBT will not support it unless the owner has modified his code to allow it. I want to be able to use it on every board.

Or are you saying that it will already work on every board. I thought most html code was not allowed to be used.

Maybe I'm just missing something here.


Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
read up on 7.3.1 and custom tags.. there is no code modification. that's the whole idea of why i added it to the admin cpanel wink

you are right that it won't be available for all ubbt sites, until that one tag became part of stock though.. but i repeat that is is NOT a 'code change'.. just a configurable (optional) parameter than any ubbt admin (non geek type) can do..

after that [indent] could be your best friend wink



Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)