Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#215599 07/18/2008 11:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Hi all,

I have just moved my forum to a US server and my members (who are in Australia) are complaining about the time which shows up different (when they post) to my forum clock (which is set to Sydney Time.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this minor problem.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
member
member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
In Admin CP | General | Date & Time tab

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Thanks for your help Island Piper.

It great to have such good members here (like yourself) that are willing to help people like me that come up with silly questions.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Keep in mind that each member can offset from whatever your forum offset is in their profile.

For example, if you set your forums offset to GMT (+0) then members could offset it to their timezone (PST+8 for my area for example)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Keep in mind that each member can offset from whatever your forum offset is in their profile.


I noted that, I recently created an archival copy of my board (any old threads are automaticly moved to that archival forum), and that user profile setting was something I missed completely and couldn't understand the time offset smile


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #215649 07/21/2008 12:00 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Thanks guys for you help with the time. My members are happier now (I should have know about the setup).


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)