Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Our forum never has had much traffic as most of our customers prefer email or calling. At this point we want to use the board in a read only fashion.

I'd like to be able to remove all instances of links or buttons allowing someone to create a New Post or Reply.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, it should be as easy as setting the permissions for posting/replying to admin's and moderators only...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Thank you.

It took me a while last week but I finally figured that was the easiest way to go.

I never was notified there was a response. I appreciate the help.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)