Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
I was having issues with the forum earlier, so I chmodded the ubbthread directory to 000 and then back to what it was. Later, I found out people cannot log in or out of the forums or the website (since it is tied into the forums).

The error I am receiving is:

Quote
FATAL ERROR: Unable to find the or language directories. Please notify the administrator.

None of the directories have changed, and I simply have no idea where to go next. Any help at all would be appreciated. I am running 6.5.2.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
I checked to make sure that the language directory was there. It is.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
My error log is also riddled with :

(13)Permission denied: /path/ubbthreads/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

I cannot find an .htaccess file anywhere.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
The problem was resolved. The issue was this:

The error log on the server propagated earlier to the point where all the discs were full. The forum tried writing to the config file, and when it saw that there was no space to write, it left the config file in the includes directory empty.

Replacing the config file with a replica solved the issue.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (vscope, SteveS), 683 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)