|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
What I am trying to do is get the board back to a standard out of the box install. I played around with css for a while but not sure if I reset everything back. I am down to only two styles. One is stock and one I really don't care about.
So my question is when I upgrade from 7.2 to 7.4.1.
Is there anything wrong with deleting the complete styles folder and upload the new 7.4.1 files including the styles folder from the 7.4.1 zip file before running install?
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
The styles are actually stored in the database, so deleting the folder won't completely remove them.
If you're worried that the stock styles really aren't correct, then what you can do is import the stock ones. When you grab the 7.4.1 zip, inside the install directory is a styles directory. You can import the 2 files in there and that will give you the 2 styles that come with the release.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
I got you. Then I can delete the duplicate stock style from the control panel after the upgrade?
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Looks like the only hitch was I needed to clear the cache in the CP to clear out the old style selections in the Style chooser dialog drop down list.
Last edited by Ruben Rocha; 11/10/2008 7:49 PM.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
407
guests, and
105
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|