Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I have a weird problem popping up with some users with IE7 and the shout box. Firefox seems to be okay.

For me I only have the problem here using IE7.

When I am logged in here. The shout box is missing all posts.
When I try to make a entry and submit a message appears above the entry field "sending". But nothing ever happens and the sending message does not clear. But I open firefox and I see the shout I entered.

I visited several sites with IE7 and it seems okay it is just here for me. My users say they have problems at my site but it works fine for me with IE7.

I assume possibly a new update for IE7 is causing it but I don't know what to suggest to people except to use Firefox. Which is not a option for some.

Anybody have any ideas??


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Thinking out loud.
Could Rick be testing some minor code change here even though the footer shows ver 7.4.1


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Doubtful, he usually only publishes beta builds here and they generally always have the beta version shown in the footer...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay then I am back to possibly some screwy update from Billy Gates.
I has to be.
I tried IE7 on vista and xp same issue. But like I said for me it is only here at ubbcentral.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Still stumped with this problem.
As I said users have reported problems with the shout box using IE7.
But I only see the problem at this site using IE7.
In fact I turned off every firewall, internet security software and even went into internet options in IE7 and set ubbcentral as a trusted site and set all security settings off or at the least the very lowest setting I was able to.

Lost and bewildered on this item.

What is different in the shout box versus all the other Islands and the threads??


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Shoutbox uses AJAX and IE has a browser based conneection limit. So basically if the shoutbox is loading or using one of those connections while other connections are being used to load images, etc. it can end up locking up.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Thank you Rick.
I really don't know what that really means in layman terms but I will look into it.

Just a little confused to the fact that I have visited several UBB sites. And for me this is the only site I see this problem(issue)


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)