Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Hello,
I just recently got an upgrade to the forums. I have the registration settings set for email verification before someone can become a member of the the community and post. However, I am noticing that in the Control Panel it shows a User's email as not verified, but they are shown as a Member in the Membership section (with I assume posting privileges).

If the email is shown as NOT verified, how are they moved to the Member section?

Many thanks,
Donna

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I will take a guess here because I see it myself sometimes.
I assume it is a cache issue. Because I will go back in a day or two and the email not verified flag is gone.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Thankyou, it may be, but it has been there for 3 days (I thought it would have expired) and the cache has been cleared and refreshed. Mystery!

Also, is there any instructions on how to send welcome emails or post polls? I can't find it in the documentation.

I am a newbie, so forgive my incomplete forum etiquette smile and many thanks for your replies!!!

Donna

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Is that person still in the registration QUEUE also.
If they are they are not really a member yet.
When you enter the control panel there will be a link there and in the membermanagement section there is a tab registration queue.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
For welcome messages you could edit the PM message for new users in the language files from the control panel.
Search for WEL_MSG.
This is the stock private message sent to net new members.
For email you could do the same thing through the language files for new registrations or in the member management area of the control panel you have the ability to send a email to anyone you search for such as new members.

As far as polls go the best advise is to just try it and delete it. Once you vote even as a admin you can't go back and vote again.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)