Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 12
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 12
I am having two issues that I cannot resolve with ubbthreads version 7.4.

1.) When a user tries to email a post or a thread using an alternate sending name the alternate name is NOT showing in as the sender.

2.) In previous versions of ubbthreads the adminstrator was able to set an email address that would be notified when a new user registered for the message board. That no longer appears possible.

If someone can point me in the right direction to fix both of these issues I would greatly appeciate it.


Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
if your admin,
check your preferences settings.

Scroll right to the bottom, there are some toggles for admin there.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 12
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 12
Ahh, thank you ... I must have missed those toggles under preferences ( I was looking in the control panel instead of under my preferences)

As for the email post using an alternate name -- do you know why that is not working properly. Everytime we try to email a post using an alternate name it still shows the users display name. I just tried to use this feature on this message board. If I enter an ALTERNATE NAME when emailing this post to myself I still receive the post from my DISPLAY name. Any ideas on how to get this feature to work?

Any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by searching; 01/06/2009 8:23 AM. Reason: Additional Info Added

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)