Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#220839 01/06/2009 10:45 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
Hey,
Since so many smart people are here I will ask smile

Recently I moved my UBB forums to a new server.
Load balanced with 2 servers.

Everything seemed perfectly fine.

Now when I upload a ZIP file it becomes corrupted and won't open. The file opens before I upload it -- Now the weirdness is other people seem to be able to upload ZIP files just fine.

Other file types I allow seem to work fine also.

So is there something that could be happening on my new host or a load balanced server set up that could be corrupting the files?

If you have any ideas on where to look on the host, or on my computer that would be great.

To make the zip files I am just using the build in windows zip feature.

Just for fun I am going to attach one here just to see if it uploads right.

Edit -- nope its bad also -- So what the hell is it on my computer or ISP causing this?
I use Comcast cable for my ISP.
Attachments
wargame.zip (0 Bytes, 49 downloads)

Last edited by Flyin V; 01/06/2009 10:46 AM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
Just as a side note

I turned off zlib compression on my forum and now my zip files are fine?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)