Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 37
G
newbie
newbie
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 37
This may not be a bug, but it's a problem for me.

I've converted my board to utf-8 instead of iso-8859-1 because I have members that post Greek and Hebrew text. This is fine until I install a new version, when it reverts back to iso-8859-1.

I read somewhere that the setting to be changed is the CHARSET field in generic.php language file.

Is there some solution (or a better place to make that change)? Or do I just have to remember to change it back every time?

Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I requested (a while ago) that it (and several other little variables) be moved to the config file vs sitting in a language file; so they aren't removed when we upgrade.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
When we do 8.0, this (along with other settings) will be moved into the database.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 37
G
newbie
newbie
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 37
OK, thanks.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
imo, the only settings should be where to find the DB and how.. then everything else it DB based smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)