Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
Afternoon all,

I have searched the site and unable to find the answer to my question, so I apologies if this has been answered before.

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to set someone's account so that everything they post must be approved? And if so, how? We've got a user who has particular difficulties and sometimes posts rather unusual (but not offensive) things. It would be easier if the mods could approve her posts first so as not to irritate the other members on the board.

Any help on this would be most appreciative. Please give me the idiots guide though as my computer knowledge is not that extensive.

Thank you.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
If you have Threads 7.4+ you can make a special group and place that user in that group requiring all their post's to be approved by a moderator or administrator.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9
Unfortunately it's only 7.0.0rc1. And unfortunately upgrading at the moment is not an option frown

Thank you x

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Curious how you have a 7.0 release candidate since I don't recognize you as a beta tester...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Curious how you have a 7.0 release candidate since I don't recognize you as a beta tester...
What is this "candidate" stuff Gizmo?
Never heard of it.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
RC is "release candidate"; generally uncommon to see anywhere and I don't see why anyone would have ever used it in a production environment... i don't think 7.0's RC was even public...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
/me slaps gizzy over the head with a dead fish...

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Ok fine, I still fail to see why anyone would have ran it live; let alone are still doing so tongue


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)