Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#222945 02/24/2009 4:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I have a forum where the contents are minutes from meetings.
Several months are missing from previous years that I wish to add. Meaning there are gaps for some months that I wish to add
I want the posts to display in chronological order.
Quick view in the tables says no problem I even tried one.
Post a topic and change the date in the table.

Before I start adding old Posts.
Any other issues I should be concerned with?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
If I'm following you correctly, I don't think there should be a problem. What is the exact method you are using to add these missing minutes?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Nothing special just a post it is just out of order trying to catch missing months.
Say post a topic today but it will appear as today. So I edit the table for that post and change the date to 12/12/07. It works just not sure if it causes other problems that I did not see.
I have about 40 or so to post so before I go past one post I wanted some opinions.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
It would probably be a good idea to Rebuild Topics and Forums after you're done. Other than that, I can't think of anything else since you're adding the posts by using the scripts and not directly through MySQL.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
ubbt_POSTS (POST_POSTED_TIME) and ubbt_TOPICS (TOPIC_CREATED_TIME) should do it smile

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Thanks You know when I tested this I think I edited a different date field in ubbt_topics than your suggestion. It worked but just seemed like it was not right as far as unread topics/Active topics are concerned.
I will give it a try your way.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
member
member
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
Pardon my ignorance but when I'm in phpMyAdmin, all I see for the date in ubbt_POSTS (POST_POSTED_TIME) and ubbt_TOPICS (TOPIC_CREATED_TIME) is a sequence of numbers like 1234511796

How can I change that to reflect the date I want?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Sirdude posted a link for this a while back on another topic. Can't find it right now.
But:
The format is in Unix time. There are lots of on-line converters HERE is one of them.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
member
member
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
Many thanks Ruben, just what the doctor ordered

smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)