Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#225937 04/22/2009 12:54 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this is a fault or not but I will post it here anyway.

Today clicked on one of the photo's in the latest post island and was dirrected to the correct link but after doing a reply the the post and attach a picture using file manager to the post I then pressed the submit button.

What happened was that the file did not show in the post and also the picture in the latest post island disappeared as well so I then went to edit the post and removed the file (which was a .jpg) but no charge. All I have in the latest post island now (for that picture) is the description of the picture.

If someone can put me in the right direction as to how to fix it would be appreciated.

Thanks to all the members here that have helped me in the past and hopefully one of you might be able to help me with this problem. grin

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Hmm, that's a tough one. Is the UBBCode filled in below the post? If so, you can check to see if the original photo was deleted somehow by looking in the directory specified by one of the ubbcodes. I'd check all 3 directories (full,medium,thumbs) so if it was deleted you can see if it was deleted from just one of the dirs or all 3.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Rick,

The photo's are still in all directories so I don't know what is happening.

[Linked Image from outdoorking.com]
[Linked Image from outdoorking.com]
[Linked Image from outdoorking.com]

They all show up in the browser but not in the island just the description of the photo.

If you have a look at my forum you will just see the photo description in the island not the photo.

Here is my FORUM LINK

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Actually if you view your chainsaw gallery you have at least three posts that don't show the picture until you select the post then the picture appears.
What is odd about this post you referenced, it appears to be a avi file. Don't even know how it worked in the first place at least in a gallery forum.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
This is the first time that it has happened where I could see some sort of sequence. I did notice in the past that some pictures did disappear in the island but could not work out why until I was doing a reply to one of the post where I wanted to add a picture using file manager.

Then poof his image went away in the island and just a description showed up.

Still hoping someone can come up with an answer as to why this happened.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)