Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 34
S
newbie
newbie
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 34
Any ideas?
I have one guy hwo gets the error on his new computer, and the son doesn't when logging in as his dad on the same internet connection and user name/pwd

-Thank you


Thu, Jul 09 2009 12:24:47 -0500
LolaDoggie

Code
Script: D:\Home\Sites\LearningStrategies.com\wwwroot\forum\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php - Line: 619

REPLACE INTO ubbt_ONLINE
(ONLINE_DISPLAY_NAME,USER_ID,ONLINE_LAST_ACTIVITY,ONLINE_SCRIPT_NAME,ONLINE_BROWSING_FORUM,ONLINE_USER_TYPE,ONLINE_USER_IP,ONLINE_REFERER,ONLINE_AGENT,ONLINE_POST_ID,ONLINE_POST_SUBJECT)
VALUES ( 'LolaDoggie' , '9879' , '1247160287' , 'postlist' , '22' , 'r' , '173.33.4.205' , 'http://www.happyfornoreason.com/community.asp' , 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB5; SU 3.22; SU 3.14; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; Zune 3.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Creative AutoUpdate v1.10.10)' , '0' , '' )
- Data too long for column 'ONLINE_AGENT' at row 1

Last edited by Gizmo; 07/09/2009 5:14 PM. Reason: Wrapped error in code tags
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, your error is:
Code
Data too long for column 'ONLINE_AGENT'

So the UA string is too long to be put into the db field:
Code
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB5; SU 3.22; SU 3.14; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; Zune 3.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Creative AutoUpdate v1.10.10)

Basically, the user has a holy plethora of crap installed on their computer and it's all attaching to the UA string. The limit for this field is 255 characters, his UA is more than that (280).

I think we need to strip the input on that field to make sure it's never longer than 255 characters or change the field type to a text vs varchar.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
We do have this fixed in a later version, can't remember what version exactly, and I know you're planning on upgrading, so that will fix it when you do.

We can't convert the field to a text column since it's a heap table and text fields aren't allowed.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Ahh, well, I'd rather strip additional chars anyway tongue...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 34
S
newbie
newbie
S Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 34
Thanks guys.

I'm going to check with IT to see if their recent server switch is stable and ready for the upgrade.

Best,

Shawn


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)