Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I will be upgrading to gold soon and I noticed a issue with paying by check.
Regular membership renewal has the option to pay by plastic or check but upgrading to gold does not.
Why?
Here is what I see to renew regular member renewal:
Quote
Non Credit Card Payment Methods
By Mail
Please complete one of the License Order forums(TYPO Error) above to receive a transaction number. Mail the transaction number with your payment, and you'll receive your license information via email.

Mail To: Groupee, Inc.
ATTN: Accounting
1904 Third Avenue, Suite 525 Seattle, WA 98101 USA

Note that Software upgrades and conversions may only be paid for online by credit card.
By Purchase Order
If your organization requires an invoice before payment, please send your purchase order to the address above after completing the ordering process online.

Note that Software upgrades and conversions may only be paid for online by credit card.

So if you can renew membership by mail/check why not upgrades?

I can only assume that it can't be the dollar amount that is the reason.
Renew membership $99.00
Upgrade to gold $325.00


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
actually it is forums (and not a typo) since it's stating to fill out one of multiple forums...

How I read that is that you can only pay ONLINE by creditcard, but you can mail a check...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay forums it is I guess but I call it a form.
But you still can't upgrade to gold with out a credit card on line.
It(forum/form) requires a credit card to submit and no other option.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I think it's a matter of many times people would mail a check and not include the license information that the check was for so it just led to problems. If you want to send me an email on the issue, I can forward it along to the proper person, however not too sure if there are exceptions on this.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay Rick Thanks.
It just that the people in my association prefer to use a check. They don't like me using my credit card then submitting for reimbursement. So I am close to upgrading and was checking it out. I will pose the question to them again if they have heartburn using my credit card again.

BTW, Email Address to use??


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Gotcha. Just choose Sales Questions on the Support Options page and I'll get it.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Otay, [censored]!


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay I finally did it.
I am now a gold member.
When do I get my gold card?? LOL


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Welcome to the Gold Members Club...

We should get our own forum tongue lol...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)