Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
ok, I'm not sure what is happening here, this is something recent.

when in full reply mode, using IE 8 and 7 on 3 different machines, when you click on the smile menu, or the img, the menu doesn't appear. BUT... it works here, just not on my site all of a sudden.

I have made no changes to anything, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.. and I have some users claiming it is now happening to them even in firefox.



"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; InfoPath.2; Creative AutoUpdate v1.40.01)
Timestamp: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 19:45:43 UTC


Message: Object required
Line: 1492
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.vannin.com/threads/ubbthreads.php


Message: Object required
Line: 29
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://www.vannin.com/threads/ubb_js/standard_text_editor.js?v=7.5.3



Last edited by Bad Frog; 09/27/2009 3:53 PM.

"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well I did not post but did a preview. It all seems okay using Firefox 3.5.3


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
it is working for me in firefox, but I have users using it, as well as IE and safari that are all reporting the same issue now.

I am trying on 3 computers at the moment, using IE 7 and 8 and can't get it to work, yet it works fine here, when I click on one of hte edit features, I get the error I posted above


"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay I just posted at your site.
http://www.vannin.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/329303.html#Post329303
Is this what you are talking about?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
For me it looks like a IE8 issue.
I just tried a test post.
Firefox seems okay but any of the options that use the java popups don't seem to work. Meaning all of the options: underline/bold/img/url etc etc.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
it was my twitter gadget, I removed, and now it all works.. how odd..

anyone see any reason why the following would cause problems?
Code
/* PHP CODE HERE, IF NECESSARY */

/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE BELOW */
$body = <<<EOF

<div id="twtr-profile-widget"></div>
<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/1/widget.js"></script>
<link href="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/1/widget.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
<script>
new TWTR.Widget({
profile: true,
id: 'twtr-profile-widget',
loop: false,
width: 210,
height: 300,
theme: {
shell: {
background: '#3082af',
color: '#ffffff'
},
tweets: {
background: '#ffffff',
color: '#444444',
links: '#1985b5'
}
}
}).render().setProfile('vannindotcom').start();
</script>

EOF;
/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE ABOVE */


"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well all I can say is loading a third party java script and css file may have had common values that are in ubb causing a conflict.
In the old classic series it was a issue.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)