Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#230025 10/15/2009 11:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 260
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 260
Cannot Upload Avatars

I followed the Instruction here:

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/230022/2.html

And posted questions here:

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/230024.html#Post230024


I've been trying this for several hours I feel so dizzy I'm about to faint

I feel like smashing this computer to pieces


I just changed the chmod of

http://mywebsite.com/avatars/

to 777


it still does not work


this is a nightmare

Last edited by lightningrod; 10/15/2009 11:20 PM.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 260
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 260
Testing 'http://mywebsite.com/ubbthreads/images/avatars'
Directory does not exist!
Test failed. Either the directory was not found or cannot be written to by the web server.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well first of all that would be the location of the default stock avatars. I personally would not use that directory for user uploaded avatars.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I see you cross posted on this item.
The ubb control panel does not create a directory.
The first thing you need to do is create the directory with say a ftp program or your host control panel.
The ubb control panel does not create a directory.
Set the directory permission to 755.
Then got to your ubb control panel and set both path and URL. You can look at the ubb cp Control Panel » DB, Paths & URLs tab-Paths and urls section to get a clue.
Modify the path and url from what you checked above to point to the directory you created.
Select the test link. This will create a test file in the directory if successful.
The same method is used for the upload directory.

On my site I used.
mysite.com/forumuploads/attachments
mysite.com/forumuploads/avatars

This way I know all files in that location came from users.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 260
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 260
Originally Posted by Ruben
Well first of all that would be the location of the default stock avatars. I personally would not use that directory for user uploaded avatars.

It's fixed now

Thanks bro

Rick helped me on the other thread



Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (CESEREL, Geoff, Gizmo), 765 guests, and 133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)