Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yep, Sirdude helped me out yesterday, it looked like the ubbthreads.php file might have gotten messed up somehow. I am going to upgrade the test site to 7.3 today.

Ian

Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Top top post Gizmo

I was struggling on how to create a parallel install so i could trial 7.4 before commiting fully to upgrading the live site. Found this post and now have a wonderful test instance to play with +++

Chuffed smile

G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Gizmo,

I followed your instructions and have successfully transferred a modererate sized forum from one ISP account to another (same ISP). I have checked permissions, and modified all code in the custom islands to reflect the appropriate data paths as well as modifying the config file.

However, I have a problem. I have three custom islands that are not working. When I try to "modify" the code within the island, I get the SQL ServerError message:

Script: - Line:
SELECT
COUNT(*) as total, p.USER_ID, u.USER_DISPLAY_NAME,
u.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, up.USER_NAME_COLOR
FROM ubbt_POSTS as p,
ubbt_USERS as u,
ubbt_USER_PROFILE as up

WHERE u.USER_ID = up.USER_ID
AND p.POST_POSTED_TIME > 1212842253
AND p.USER_ID NOT IN (1,2)
AND p.USER_ID = u.USER_ID
GROUP BY p.USER_ID ORDER BY total DESC
limit 5
- Server shutdown in progress

Of course the Posted Time changes...

Any advice?

Thanks

G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
seems that it is related to "pathing" of some of my custom islands. When I corrected the appropriate paths to the new server, it seems to have stopped the error messages. 2 out of 3 custom islands are working fine.

I will continue to monitor the situation and let you know what I discover.

G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Turns out that it is a pathing issue...

Any coding that uses absolutes paths within a custom island that is no longer accurate will "break" the portals ability to modify settings within the control panel. Of course the content will also not display correctly.

The solution is simple, modify the absolute paths according to the new server information, and save the changes. Even though you will get an SQL Error message, if there are other broken paths, the changes are saved.

Once you have finished modifying all of the custom island paths, clear the cache from the Control Panel menu and presto, no more server errors.

Hope this helps.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Lol, glad you figured it out tongue... Was working on a new server rollout for a client (:glares at glider:) so have been busy most of the morning hehe

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
art Offline
A Offline
Hmm old posts but useful, hopefully I am asking in the right place, I plan on moving my 7.2 ubb board to a new hosting setup soon, (still shopping) one problem the mysql version on the old host is 4.1.22 the newer hosting firms are at 5.x (that I have looked at so far) can this older version database be migrated or am I sol???? or in for a big hassle?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Shouldn't be any different really, if you have command line access it'd be exactly the same on my recommendations.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
art Offline
A Offline
Thanks Gizmo, it worked out ok even without shell access, after I worked out a couple "fatfingered" settings it's all good so far as I can tell. (now off to muck around with dns for a while)

G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
just readed this thread now.. Its all good for me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29