Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
Hi, I just upgraded from 6.5.5 to the latest version. Of the numerous things I am trying to work through, the one standing out the most right now is that it appears every "user" in 6.5.5 is now a "moderator" and no one is in the "user" group at all. This obviously has broken a lot of things since we use the "user" group as the default for a registered user.

What I thought I would do is simply run a query for all members of the moderator group (currently 2600) and simply remove them but alas, I can not edit moderator permissions through the interface (it isn't even on the list).

Help?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I've seen this happen a couple times, and not sure why. If you can open up a support ticket with your admin login info I can get it cleaned up for you.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)