Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
old hand
old hand
I have four levels of paid subscriptions set up: Bronze, Silver, Gold and, Platinum. When someone subscribes to a level (for example, Bronze), I go in and manually set their "Member Custom Title" to read "Bronze Member". Etc. I also go to Database tools and run a query like:
SQL Query
UPDATE ubbt_USER_PROFILE
SET USER_GROUP_IMAGES = 'a:1:{i:1;s:1:"9";}'
WHERE USER_ID = '2919'

Which sets a little star of appropriate color next to their names.

The problem is, when a subscription expires, those don't automatically get reset - I have to do it manually. But very often someone's subscription will expire, but then they turn around and re-subscribe. The problem is, when I do a query in the Subsciption section and ask to look at all members where "Active=NO" I get pages of members, but many of those same members will also come up if i filter Active = Yes.

What would be a good query to run to see ONLY those members who are not active (and not also see those who went inactive and then re-subscribed). In plain English, I want to see members where Active = No but exclude those where They also have Active = YES for another subscription. (Those who are truly inactive, so I can reset their member status).

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Unfortunately there isn't a really easy way to do this one in a query, it would need to be scripted.

We need to make a few changes in this area for version 8. When you select a filter such as inactive/active, it should only be showing the current status for that subscription, not all. The way we store everything for history makes this a bit tough, but I believe I have a couple ideas on how to achieve this.

old hand
old hand
What I'm doing at present is to use PhPMyADmin and browse ubbt_SUBSCRIPTION_DATA then sort on USER_ID, then I can scan down the list and see which user IDs have SUBSCRIPTION_IS_ACTIVE set to 0 only with no other lines that are set to 1. It works but is a PITA. Maybe have a second SUBSCRIPTION STATUS TABLE (in addition to the current SUBSCRIPTION_DATA table) that would only allow one entry per user and a current status / group. If that changes (e.g., subscription expires) then that field gets set 0 or 1. Just a thought.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 686 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29