Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#232452 12/20/2009 3:00 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 122
member
member
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 122
are there any plans to allow facebook logins in future releases of UBB?

http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Facebook_Connect_Login_Buttons


JakChat.com -- Forums for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Ubuntu-Indonesia.com -- Forums for Indonesia's Ubuntu Users
KuKuKaChu #232457 12/20/2009 10:07 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
We will definitely be doing some facebook stuff. Once we get all of the basics done for 8.0, then we'll be looking at various facebook integrations.

Rick #232468 12/20/2009 1:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Yay! (Posted from my droid ;))


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Rick #232472 12/20/2009 5:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by Rick
We will definitely be doing some facebook stuff. Once we get all of the basics done for 8.0, then we'll be looking at various facebook integrations.

It's a great news.
But I suggest you first look at the Facebook Connect protocol.
Because it will deeply affect the user login/registration process. And the User data structure may need some modification.

The best Facebook Connect integration website I've ever seen is http://digg.com ,
If you login FB , you can automatically login to digg.com , and it can connect to facebook and find who are your friends in FB also registered in digg.com , and automatically make these friends become digg's friends. I hope it can also be available in UBBThreads.

In fact , I suggest a 'hook' mechanism , that can accept any 3rd party's identity registration/login , such as Google Friend Connect , and Yahoo BBAuth ...


English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)