Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
I've used this feature many times. I love it.

Lately I can't get it to display in a forum that I have.
I found the Permissions for "Must View Ad Island" and set them to "1".

What else am I missing? I read through the Admin Guide but couldn't find anything helpful.

Oh, the island shows up okay on the forum homepage, just not inside the forum itself.

Anybody have a checklist that I can use?


--BIll B
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
for the forum in question..

forum settings, custom insert, select which island to show up..

save...

bada bing..

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
Nope... that's exactly what I've been doing.

Tried it in three different forums.
Tried using three different inserts.
Modified permissions in all to show "ads".

They don't show up anywhere --- EXCEPT on the main homepage (forum_summary).


--BIll B
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
Finally got them to work -- only after I changed every single group permission to "1". The little down arrow is showing.

Quote
If a user belongs to multiple groups, a <up arrow> indicates the user will get the highest permission, a <down arrow> indicates they will get the lowest.


I'm think that that had something to do with it.


--BIll B
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, keep in mind that if it's 0 for admin, the admin won't see it, same for mods and global mods; so it's possible your users and guests where seeing ad's


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
that's why i always have a 'cheat sheet' post in my hidden forum (admin only) where i have urls to loginas all the different user types on a particular board..

makes it easier to test any quirky permissions..

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
That's a good way to do it... the cheat sheet.

I did have the Admin as a "1" but wasn't seeing anything. even went so far as to rebuild my forums but that didn't change anything. Oh, well... it's working for now... I'll have to fine-tune it later.

Thanks for the comments... Hopefully the upgrade improves the admin usability per some other posts that I read a while back.


--BIll B

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)