Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#234119 01/23/2010 11:58 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
One of my forum users just updated to Firefox 3.6 and reported that my forum is not displaying properly. I installed Firefox 3.6 and tested it and sure enough apparently the forum style is not rendering at all - no formatting of fonts, colors etc. but the wrapper appears to be fine. I am using a custom style based off a stock style.

Side note - viewing the UBB Threads forum seems to be fine.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #234120 01/24/2010 12:26 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, for starters, you have some syntax errors in your style:
background: url(http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/grafix/background.jpg') #467FC1;

You're missing a ' at the beginning of the url


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
Yep. That was it and I found the error in two places. Amazing how one little character can screw things up and that the error hasn't show up until now! I wonder what was changes in FF that made it so unforgiving.

Thank you Gizmo. cool


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)