Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#236473 04/29/2010 9:08 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
anyone have a socket 939 (AMD) X2 processor? like a 3800+ or greater?


"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Bad Frog #236477 04/30/2010 2:19 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Amazon has a bunch


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #236478 04/30/2010 6:11 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
was hoping to find one cheaper ;-)


"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Bad Frog #236494 04/30/2010 4:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, they're outdated and no longer manufactured... but still in demand... so prices are going up tongue


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #236521 05/01/2010 5:28 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 755
Likes: 1
I realize that, was hoping someone might have a used one in working order.


"No matter where you go, there you are."
"If you can't do something smart, Do something right"
"There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't"
Bad Frog #236524 05/01/2010 5:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I was using an athlon xp 3200 up until the Sept before last when a client bought me a new machine lol... So I kinda skipped the range you're looking at


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #236533 05/01/2010 9:03 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I was using an athlon xp 3200 up until the Sept before last when a client bought me a new machine lol... So I kinda skipped the range you're looking at

I am typing across an xp3200 right now!


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #236534 05/02/2010 1:22 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I just fixed that system as a spare desktop across the room... Go go 20gb hard disk! lol... I have sd cards larger than the hard drives in that system lol...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #236536 05/02/2010 6:33 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
I program two-way radios, and the software only runs on DOS (and not in a DOS window). I have an old (free!) Toshiba laptop set up with DOS 6.22 It is new enough to have a big 2GB drive, and a USB port. I found DOS drivers so that I can use the USB port for a 2GB thumb drive. I use that to transfer files back and forth, and for backups. It's too much trouble to use the 3.5" floppy drives.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #236539 05/02/2010 11:36 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by SteveS
I program two-way radios, and the software only runs on DOS (and not in a DOS window). I have an old (free!) Toshiba laptop set up with DOS 6.22 It is new enough to have a big 2GB drive, and a USB port. I found DOS drivers so that I can use the USB port for a 2GB thumb drive. I use that to transfer files back and forth, and for backups. It's too much trouble to use the 3.5" floppy drives.


Motorola HT1000 Radio's ayy?

JAISP #236545 05/02/2010 5:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
I don't have any HT1000s, but I have several Spectras, some Sabers (which I really don't use any more), and some GE RANGRs. The software for newer stuff runs on Windows, so it isn't as much trouble.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #236549 05/02/2010 7:11 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The only old radios I have where/are for pocsag and 900mhz scanning tongue... Then I have several Yaesu VX5R's


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)