Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#180075 03/05/2007 6:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Forgive me for the catch up so to speak,
but i remmeber in earlier v7 version that there was
alot of surgetions about the way "Ignore this user" should work.

As in Moderators should always be able to see there post
and also admin.

But now ive notice with v7.1 Final that anyone can
ignore a user?? Admin and Moderators

It has the neat drop option which is excellent.
"Your Ignoring this user"
I'm just wondering is this how its intended to work now?


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #236601 05/04/2010 2:14 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
I know that this is an old topic but I'd like to resubmit Mark's question - What exactly does Ignore This User do?

Does it make them and their posts "invisible" to you?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of utilising this?

If it does make them non-existent I might find a very good use for it right now. smirk

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
member
member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
It replaces any post they make with

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

The toggle the display allows you to view what they wrote at any point. You can change it back and forth easily.

Chosen #236603 05/04/2010 2:26 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
I believe it will block pm's too. Its been ages since I looked at it though

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Do you know if it also blocks pictures in gallery posts? If you don't then I'll just try it on someone and see if it does.

Also, is there any way that the "ignored" user can see who is ignoring them or is it totally anonymous?


Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by gliderdad
I believe it will block pm's too. Its been ages since I looked at it though
So does a user's PM get "bounced" if they PM a user who is ignoring them or do they not know that the PM has not been delivered (apart from the "unread by" info)?

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by ScriptKeeper
Do you know if it also blocks pictures in gallery posts? If you don't then I'll just try it on someone and see if it does.
No, just answered my own Q. Tried it on here and I can still see images and captions, it's just the post content that gets blocked.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
member
member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
If you ignore a user the gallery image still displays, but their descriptions shows the text from my previous post.

If you try to PM them is displays "This user is ignoring you. You cannot send them a message."

I don't think they can tell unless they try to PM you. I'm not sure about that though.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)